Senior Financial Business Partner
Permanent full time
Up to £ 62,364 per year
This position will initially be home based. However, a hybrid working model is expected to be introduced from fall 2021 (which will be in line with government guidelines), and this will include office meetings and remote working, while retaining flexible working options.
This role is responsible for providing all aspects of financial advice across the adult social care function to ensure the provision of comprehensive support to all levels of management and to members. Providing proactive and innovative advice across finance functions and supporting complex projects is integral to the role.
As this position is specific to adult social assistance, previous experience in this area is desirable but not essential. The role will be focused on a specific customer area and support a major transformation program with significant savings. Stakeholder engagement, building and maintaining professional relationships, and managing change are all key attributes. Adults are an exciting and high-profile field offering opportunities for partnership by working with colleagues, peers and healthcare colleagues, supporting the delivery of quality services to our communities across the county.
Why work with us?
- Make a difference for the local community, whether it’s infrastructure, climate change or adult social care, and help us transform Essex into a circular economy as we redefine growth and focus on the positive benefits for society as a whole.
- We are a very large finance team with an annual budget for Essex County Council of £ 1.038million, with a net adult social care budget of £ 442million.
- Essex County Council is the second largest local authority in the UK and is often at the forefront of work in the local government sector.
- Work for a high performing team with good team morale and friendly, helpful and supportive colleagues.
- Happy to consider the track record of the public and private sectors.
- Great training courses. Encouragement to all employees for their continued professional development
- Flexible work – work on the basis of results providing a fantastic work / life balance.
- Local authority pension scheme.
- 26 days of annual leave plus statutory holidays.
- 37 hour work week.
- Continuous Service – Join us from another town? Then you could benefit from your time spent and your benefits with you.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Full CCAB / CIMA qualification with at least 2 years of post-qualification experience and evidence of continuing professional development.
- Experience in applying financial management and financial frameworks in a large organization, preferably in the public sector, through a full financial cycle.
- Critical evidence of providing financial advice to inform complex decision making.
- Evidence of direct influence in improving financial systems and processes.
- Experience in evaluating and supporting innovative and effective means of financing long-term large-scale service delivery.
- Demonstrate significant experience working with and influencing members and / or executives, as well as with multidisciplinary teams to achieve service results.
- Knowledge of international financial reporting standards.
- Extensive experience of strong leadership skills and ability to demonstrate credibility, promoting good financial management practices within the company.